Skip to main content

Jupiter - Through Samyang Mirror Lens

Like my last post says, I went through an unfortunate incident of breaking the mount of my Celestron 114EQ. Thankfully I had the Samyang Mirror Lens to play with. Here is a photo of Jupiter made with the mirror lens:

Jupiter - Stack of 10 images 1/80 shutter at 800ISO.
Taken by Samyang 500mm f8.0 with a 2x converter.

The photo is not so bad compared to the shot I took via the 114 EQ (link: http://galileoscamera.blogspot.com/2012/12/a-shot-of-jupiter.html):
Jupiter - Non-stacked 1/20 shutter at 100ISO.
 The obvious differences are in the image size (which I still cannot figure out why - possibly I shot at a different resolution) and the shutter speed/ISO settings. The 114EQ gives the less grainy/noisy and therefore the better quality image.

Well I guess I need to try a bit more in darker and clearer skies.

Comments

  1. Very nice. Where do you plan to shoot from next -- since you're looking for clearer skies?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am currently thinking of visiting somewhere like Puttalam or down south because I also want a clear west view (to shoot the PANSTARRS comet). One of my friends also suggested Delft island.

      Delete

Post a Comment